YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED TO GET A PERMANENT BAND ON NO KNOCK WARRANTS. CONTACT YOUR COUNCILMEMBER LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!
NOT SURE WHAT DISTRICT YOU ARE IN OR WHO YOUR COUNCILMEMBER IS!?? CONTACT YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT LEXCALL 311 AT 859.425.2255.
Note: Ellinger, McCurn and Kloiber did not speak on the issue during the Council Meeting
· We appreciate their vote on Tuesday to bring this proposed ordinance to a vote.
· We thank them for listening to the cry from Lexingtonians calling for racial justice and police reform.
· If speaking to one of the Councilmembers highlighted in yellow, note that we appreciate the thoughtful and impassioned comments of Vice Mayor Kay and Councilmembers Brown, LeGris, Sheehan, Reynolds and Plomin.
· Their support has not gone unnoticed, and will not be forgotten in the future.
· Call to express disappointment.
· Encourage them to reconsider.
· Express particular concern with those who changed their positions:
o Moloney – He verbalized his support to us and acknowledged that he changed his position during the meeting last night.
o As members of the Planning & Public Safety Committee, Bledsoe, Baxter, Lamb and Worleyall voted in support of putting on the ban on no knock warrants on the agenda for yesterday’s meeting and voted against it yesterday.